Accessing QB company files through QuickBooks multi-user mode is not so easy-peasy. You can come across tricky error codes and technical glitches while trying to run the QB multi-user feature. One such annoying technical issue that you may face in the QuickBooks multi-user mode is the “QB error H303”.
If you do not want to deal with this QB error code and be deprived of the QuickBooks multi-user feature, read this blog till the end. Here, the certified accounting professionals from Accounting Assist 24 have listed the best troubleshooting procedures to rectify the QB multi-user access error.
To get expert assistance to resolve the QuickBooks multi-user error code, call our toll-free number +1-888-738-0540 right away!
QuickBooks Desktop Error H303: A Definition
This QB error code is an indication of the issue that the QuickBooks company file error H303 you are attempting to access is stored on a different system. The QuickBooks accounting software is failing to establish a connection with the file and hence could not open it.
Because of this QuickBooks multi-user file-access error, you will be blocked from accessing the QB company file. So, try to fix and resolve this QuickBooks error before it hampers your work operations. To uncover the prompting factors behind the QuickBooks multi-user error, scroll down to our next section!
Instigating Factors That Give Rise To The QuickBooks Desktop Error “QB Code H303”
- The hosting settings of the QuickBooks accounting software have been incorrectly set.
- Firewall or any other security software in your system is stopping the QuickBooks program from accessing information through the server.
- Wrong configuration of the QuickBooks DNS server settings.
- QuickBooks accounting software is failing to get access to the IP address of the host system.
- Services of the QuickBooks accounting software vital to run the QB multi-user mode are not functioning properly.
Practical Troubleshooting Procedures To Fix QuickBooks Desktop Error “QB Code H303”
- Inspect And Rectify The Incorrect Hosting Settings Of The QuickBooks Software
- Run the QuickBooks accounting software on the host system. Next, you need to tap on “File” and then the “Utilities” option to fix the QuickBooks hosting services.
- From the displayed list, go to the “QuickBooks Host Multi-User” access option. See if the system is not the host of the problematic QB company file. Once you have verified the hosting settings of the current system, go to the next host computer.
- Next, look for the “QuickBooks Stop Hosting Multi-User” option and tap on it.
- In the last QB multi-user error troubleshooting step, exit from the QuickBooks company file and press Yes.
- Fix The Server Issues With The Aid Of A QuickBooks Workstation
- Access the Start menu in the server system and workstations of the QuickBooks accounting software.
- Then, on each server system and workstation, search for “Network” and go to the “Network And Sharing” option from there.
- In the next step, you must tap on the option to alter the advanced network-sharing feature.
- Switch on the “Turn On Network Discovery” option and then copy the name of your server.
- Next, you must open the Windows Start option on the QuickBooks server system and then access the Run dialogue box.
- Search for “cmd” in the QuickBooks server computer and press Enter to move ahead with the troubleshooting.
- On the next displayed window, search for the “ipconfig/all” option and tap on Enter.
- Now, you need to look for the name of the host of the server computer from the Windows IP Configuration” button.
- Copy down the hostname of the server computer as it will be required later in the QB error troubleshooting.
- Next, open the system where you are facing the QuickBooks company file access error “QB code H303”. From the Run dialogue box of the problematic system, search for “CMD” and press Enter.
- Now, it is time to fix the server issue from this QuickBooks system. To do that, you need to search for “ping_host server name” and press Enter to fix the QB file access error.
The above steps will help you to fix the QuickBooks server issues and hopefully the QB multi-user access error too. In case you see that your system is responding sluggishly during the troubleshooting, connect with QuickBooks professionals. There may be serious issues in your server network connectivity that only professionals can solve.
Resolve The QuickBooks Desktop File-Access Error “QB Code H303” With Certified Professionals
Let the proficient QuickBooks experts of Accounting Assist 24 handle your QuickBooks file-access error and rectify it in no time. Our accounting team is available 24/7 to resolve tricky QuickBooks errors and concerns of our clients.
Schedule an appointment with our expert QuickBooks advisors at +1-888-738-0540!
Also Read – QuickBooks error code H202