An astrological chart called a kundli, commonly referred to as a birth chart or horoscope, is used to assess a person’s future and make predictions. To make a kundli, one has to know their date of birth, time, and location. When making predictions, a professional astrologer considers a person’s kundali, birth information, and the position, alignment, and state of the planets and zodiac signs. This chart shows the planetary placements and angles at the moment of the native’s birth, which is then calculated to examine many facets of life.
A kundli, which is the key to your past, present, and future according to Vedic astrology, can be examined to learn more about your physical characteristics, emotional, mental, and spiritual tendencies, as well as your likes and dislikes, inclinations, and interests and a daily horoscope helps you understand how your day is going to be in a summary. It’s not as difficult as it may seem to read a kundali or a horoscope because all one needs to do is comprehend a few key aspects to move through various houses and planetary positions.
Importance Of A Kundli (Birth Chart)
- After a person is born, it is crucial to create their kundli. It offers solutions and remedies for a variety of problems and assists one in overcoming many hurdles in life. Let’s learn about its significance and how it plays a unique role in future prediction:
- A kundali can be used to match the horoscopes of the bride and groom in order to facilitate marriage. In Hinduism, a marriage-related auspicious event cannot occur before the kundlis are matched and the gunas are determined. It also indicates one’s marital status, spouse, level of understanding between you two, and any potential issues.
- A person’s kundali, or birth chart, lays out all of their lifetime’s possibilities, challenges, and other factors. It makes clear what kinds of obstacles are in their path and how to handle the most trying circumstances.
- It leads you through the qualities, quirks, weaknesses, and abilities that make up your entire personality and reveal your genuine self.
- You can use kundli analysis to foretell your career, business endeavors, finances, wealth, investments, and how favorable or unfavorable conditions will be when making financial decisions.
- A kundali identifies the ideal career decisions one might make for a successful and fruitful future. It identifies the profession that will best utilize your abilities and intelligence.
- Your birth chart will provide information about your career, creativity, adversaries, illnesses, and offspring. Learn about your academic success, the status of your foes and rivals, your health status, and much more.
How To Read Your Vedic Kundali
- Determine Your Rising Sign or Ascendant: In a kundali, the planets are represented by numbers (1–12) and the houses by roman numerals (I-XII). Here, the number 1 stands in for Aries.
- The number 2 represents Taurus.
- Number three is used to represent Gemini.
- The number 4 is used to represent cancer.
- 5 is used to represent Leo.
- The number 6 represents Virgo.
- The number 7 represents Libra.
- The number 8 represents Scorpio.
- The number 9 represents Sagittarius.
- The number 10 represents Capricorn.
- The number 11 stands for the sign of Aquarius.
- The number 12 represents Pisces.
- Recognizing the Houses and Their Meaning: A kundali has 12 houses, which represent several facets of the native’s life in addition to their physical characteristics, interests, and features. As a result, any planet or sign placed in a house affects its factors and produces results as such. The roman numerals, as described above, represent the home number, and its components are as follows:
- First House: self, qualities, and personality; physical characteristics and traits
- Second House: riches, basic understanding, money, and family
- Third house: younger siblings, abilities, pastimes, and communication
- Fourth House: contentment, mother, secondary education, property, land, and car
- Fifth house: higher education, wit, romance, progeny, and former lives.
- Sixth House: debt, occupation, illnesses, activism, and adversaries
- Seventh House: import-export, public image, marriage, spouse, long-term connections, and relationships
- Eighth House: longevity, unforeseen events, and study
- Ninth House: long-distance travel, religion, long-term relationships, mentorship, and higher education
- Tenth house: career, karma or acts, job, and occupation
- Eleventh house: goals, earnings, gains, and older siblings
- Twelfth Houses: spending
The kundali records and provides a visual depiction of the positions of the planets and constellations at the moment of your birth. So, one must comprehend the abbreviated form of planets indicated in the chart as well as their relevance when learning to read a kundli.
- Sun (Su): Ruler, source of energy and life, king of all planets, masculine in nature
- Moon (Mo): Mind, inner self, feminine in nature, intellect, fertility, good memory
- Mercury (Me): Speech, communication, calculative, witty, intellectual,
- Mars (Ma): Courage, passion, physical strength, short-tempered, argumentative, daring, signifies younger siblings
- Venus (Ve): Materialistic pleasure, love, romance, beauty, music, marriage, friendship, art
- Jupiter (Ju): Spirituality, higher education, research
- Saturn (Sa): Land, property, secret, misfortune, hard work, sorrow, prestige, name, and fame
- Rahu (Ra): Foreigners, international travel, grandparents, theft, gambling, drinking, over-ambitious, undiagnosed health problems, loss of reputation-finance
- Ketu (Ke): Grandparents, spiritual inclination, superstitions, electronics
- Determine which planet is in exaltation or debilitation by looking at its planetary exaltation and debilitation. Exaltation is a state in astrology where a planet’s effect on a specific sign rises, i.e., their natural harmony syncs and the result is typically favorable. Debilitation, on the other hand, refers to the agitated state that the planet assumes when it is paired with any sign. The consequences may not be positive because the planet’s influence is weaker in this area. The native has the opportunity to comprehend the planetary signs, their positions, and their overall influence on their kundli by being aware of this.