Mumbai, also known as the “City of Dreams,” is a vibrant metropolis on the western coast of India. It is not only the financial capital of the country but also a popular tourist destination. With its rich history, diverse culture, and numerous attractions, Mumbai offers a plethora of options for tourists to explore. One convenient way to navigate through the city is by hiring a tempo traveller, which can comfortably accommodate a group of people. In this article, we will discuss some of the top tourist places in Mumbai that can be visited with a tempo traveller.
- Gateway of India: The iconic Gateway of India is a must-visit landmark in Mumbai. It was built in 1924 to commemorate the visit of King George V and Queen Mary to the city. Located on the waterfront in Colaba, it offers a stunning view of the Arabian Sea. You can take a leisurely stroll around the area, admire the architecture, and even take a ferry ride to explore the Elephanta Caves.
- Marine Drive: Also known as the “Queen’s Necklace,” Marine Drive is a 3.6-kilometer long boulevard along the Arabian Sea. It is a popular spot for locals and tourists alike to relax and enjoy the beautiful sunset. You can take a drive along Marine Drive in your tempo traveller and soak in the atmosphere. There are also several food stalls and cafes where you can grab a bite to eat.
- Juhu Beach: Juhu Beach is one of the most famous beaches in Mumbai. It is a great place to unwind, take a leisurely walk on the sand, or enjoy some street food. You can park your tempo traveller nearby and spend a few hours enjoying the cool breeze and the vibrant atmosphere of the beach. Don’t forget to try the famous Mumbai street food like pav bhaji and bhel puri.
- Siddhivinayak Temple: Located in Prabhadevi, the Siddhivinayak Temple is one of the most revered Hindu temples in Mumbai. Dedicated to Lord Ganesha, it attracts thousands of devotees every day. The temple is known for its beautiful architecture and serene atmosphere. You can park your tempo traveller in the designated parking area and visit the temple to seek blessings.
- Haji Ali Dargah: Situated on an islet off the coast of Worli, Haji Ali Dargah is a prominent Islamic pilgrimage site in Mumbai. It is a stunning example of Indo-Islamic architecture and is visited by people of all faiths. You can park your tempo traveller near the entrance and take a walk along the causeway to reach the dargah.
- Elephanta Caves: Located on Elephanta Island, the Elephanta Caves are a UNESCO World Heritage Site. These ancient caves date back to the 5th and 6th centuries and house intricately carved sculptures and rock-cut temples dedicated to Lord Shiva. To reach the caves, you can take a ferry from the Gateway of India. The tempo traveller can be parked in the nearby parking area.
- Sanjay Gandhi National Park: If you’re a nature lover, a visit to Sanjay Gandhi National Park is a must. It is one of the few national parks located within a city and offers a refreshing escape from the hustle and bustle of Mumbai. The park is home to diverse flora and fauna, including leopards, deer, and a wide variety of bird species. You can drive through the park in your tempo traveller and explore its many attractions, such as the Kanheri Caves and the Lion and Tiger Safari.
- Bandra-Worli Sea Link: The Bandra-Worli Sea Link is an architectural marvel and an important landmark in Mumbai. It is a cable-stayed bridge that connects the suburbs of Bandra and Worli. Driving on the sea link in your tempo traveller offers breathtaking views of the Arabian Sea and the Mumbai skyline.
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus: Formerly known as Victoria Terminus, the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of Mumbai’s most stunning railway stations. Its Victorian Gothic architecture is a sight to behold. You can park your tempo traveller nearby and explore the station’s intricately designed interiors.
- Nehru Science Centre: The Nehru Science Centre is a popular destination for science enthusiasts of all ages. It offers interactive exhibits and science demonstrations that make learning fun. The centre also houses a planetarium where you can learn about the wonders of the universe. You can park your tempo traveller in the designated parking area and spend a few hours exploring the various exhibits.
These are just a few of the many tourist places in Mumbai that can be easily visited with a tempo traveller. The city has much more to offer, including art galleries, museums, markets, and historical landmarks. Hiring a tempo traveller provides convenience and comfort, allowing you to explore the city at your own pace. So, grab your friends or family, hop on a tempo traveller, and embark on a memorable journey through the bustling streets of Mumbai.